We had a good weekend. We started our Friday evening with our usual family trip to Plaza Azteca. It was tasty. Zaven and I both ventured out and got something different and then shared. Then it was on to Honeybee for dessert. We were able to sit outside and it was beautiful. Saturday we were happy to have Zaven and Nell both playing soccer at 10. So we got there and only stayed an hour instead of the usual 3. The weather was very nice. So we got home and packed a picnic with the plan to eat in the Palace gardens. But as we got there we discovered that they don't want you to do that. So qwe found another spot, under a tree and enjoyed our sandwiches. Then on the way home Zaven started a game of trap ball and had a great time. Nell climbed a tree with a group of kids and Esmé, Chris and I hung around in the grass. We got home and had dinner from a new middle eastern kebob style restaurant, sticks. It was tasty. Then because it was such a beautiful night and the weather was to change dramatically for today. We walked/rode bikes up to merchant square and
got ice cream at Baskin Robbin. It was a great night.
Today at church was the blessing of the animals and the kids sang with their choir. Because it was rainy the service was moved in doors which made it exciting. The animals were surprisingly well behaved and the kids sang beautifully.
My second week teaching the middle school Sunday school went well. I was more relaxed and I think it went ok. I hope that they will open up a little more each week. Who knows.
Today has been cloudy and rainy. Zaven got to go on a playdate. Nell played in the puddles. Esmé napped and I went to the grocery store. Now a chicken is roasting and we are watching some football.





No comments:
Post a Comment