Wow, what a fun and joyous Christmas and New Years and Anniversary celebrations we had!
The fun all began way back about mid December. We got our tree and had a great time decorating that. It took all three kids to get the angel on top, then Nell and Zaven slept beside the tree. Then Milla and Poppy came, we Started getting ready.
I had a group of girls over for a party, it was really fun, although I will say 10 am is a hard time to throw a party, when you don't do much the night before to be ready. But I was a success.
Poppy treated us to a great dinner at 2nd street and took Nell and Zaven to a William & Mary basketball game.
Then the real fun began.First, Brice, Christie and Bea came. We were thrilled to have Bea sleepover. She Nell and Zaven all wore matching pjs and went to sleep great.
Then Berk and family arrived.
It was really fun to have all if the cousins together again. Everyone is growing up so much so quickly. It was awesome how well everyone got along.
We were really lucky with the weather and there was lots of time outside playing and exploring acW.
Luckily Milla had done some cooking ahead and brought many great meals. Feeding 16 people is no joke! Especially out of my kitchen. The paper plates that we bought were a welcome addition to many meals.
We enjoyed showing off the Colonial experience with Fifes and Drums, lighting of the crescents, signing carols, plenty of trips for hot chocolate etc.
The Christmas eve service at Bruton was great, Nell and Zaven had fun doing the pageant. Mom and dad were kind enough to stick around that evening and I was able to attend the 8:30 service and hear Chris preach and hear the choir, it was a real treat.
Christmas day was a lot of fun. The gift exchange worked well and there were many happy givers and receivers.
We were sorry to see everyone leave on the 26th. Chris quickly fell ill. Armen arrived and we were happy to be celebrating with her. Esmé has enjoyed all the new and extra attention of her grandmothers.
Zaven sang a duet of the 1st verse of "Once in Royal David's City". He and Garrison did a great job.
On NYE Chris and I celebrated our 16 th anniversary. We had a great time going to see a movie and going out for Thai food and dessert. It was a fun date.mwe also reviewed all of the albums.
Then i got sick. Thank goodness Armen was here and I was able to sleep and sleep and sleep and I got better in a few days, but it was rough, I am calling it the flu. We are all well now.
The kids are back in school. Activities are starting up.
Zaven started piano lessons and went to a swimming practice to try that out.
Esmé is still napping twice a day so no activities yet.
Happy 2013 to you all
(lots of photos below, they get a bit jumbled as I upload, sorry.)






















No comments:
Post a Comment