12.15.2012

A great December day

Last night, Chris and I went to the CW Christmas Party, it was very nice. We saw a lot of fun people and then we went to dinner at the Blue Talon. Because we knew party would be tricky we rode the CW bus to the party and then to Merchant Square for dinner and then home, it was fun.
Then we got home and the fire detector was beeping, so Chris was trying to see about replacing the battery and it started to go off, waking Zaven and Esmé, not Nell! So security came and turned it off, but they could not stop the chirping, so we just slept with that. Luckily we were tired.

Then this morning we were up early for Zaven and Chris to go run the Sleighbell 5k. After they left Nell got dressed in sports shorts, so I asked her if she wanted to run the 1mile fun run, a few kids from her class were so she decided to. It ended up being such a fun event. Lots of people, lots of kids. I think Nell was worn out by the run, I don't think she had any frame of reference for the distance, but she did great, finishing in 11minutes.
Then Chris and Zaven ran the 5k, Nell Esmé and I cheered with another family the Feils. Their son is in Nell's class and their daughter is in Zaven's class.
Zaven finished the race in 28:25 with Chris just ahead of him. There was a $100 bet, so Chris needed the win :)
After the race Chris took Zav and Nell to a pancake house for brunch, while Esmé and I came home for her nap. Then Chris took Zaven to see the Hobbit, they had a great time. Nell Esmé and I stayed home and got the Christmas ornaments and decorations out and spent the afternoon in the living room playing and listening to Christmas music, it was really fun.
Then Chris and Zaven came to pick us up and we went to get a Christmas tree, grab some dinner came home ate and decorated the tree.

It is always so fun to get the ornaments out and remember where they came from and what they stand for. Really heart warming. The kids are sleeping in with the tree tonight!
















No comments: