9.04.2007

Butterfly

So I had heard about a butterfly park in Tiverton. I looked online, found the address, did Google maps and we headed out. Alas, we could not find it.
I thought that it would be a fun outing and doubly fun because Zaven starts school tomorrow and his class is called the Butterfly class. Last year he was a caterpiller.

So we ended up at the "real horsey" playground, we stayed for about an hour. I like that playground because there is plenty of shade and the swings are close to everything else. So Nell can hang out in the swing and Zaven can run around.

After that we got gas and had the car washed. And then we went to a parishioners house and picked some tomatoes in their garden. We also got some basil.

We got home in time for Nell's nap and then headed up to the beach for an afternoon swim. Zaven did not end up swimming. He dug some holes and found several things. An octopus toy, a soft baseball looking ball and a monster truck. He kept burying them and then putting an "x" on top of the sand and digging it back up, as treasure. I got to be the captain. Nell had a good time holding onto some dried seaweed. At one point I was helping Zaven dig and he said "dig baby dig!" it was hilarious.

We came home and planned what Zaven would take in his lunch box tomorrow and what he was going to wear. I had asked him at the beach and he said he was not going to tell me. Then while I was cooking dinner he said he was going to wear tomatoes and salami. Later he conceded he wanted to wear shorts and a short sleeved shirt. He considered wearing his knee socks, which he calls "tall socks", I discouraged that. We'll see.
Lunch is scheduled to be Ham and cheese, some cheese and crackers and fruit salad, and a bottle of water.

I guess summer is over.
LE

No comments: