12.10.2015

No more pacis

(Written 11/15/15)
Well it's the end of an era. We no longer have any pacis in our house. 
Friday Esmé got strep throat and the doctor told us to replace her toothbrush after 24 hours on the antibiotics. Well it dawned on me that if her toothbrush can harbor the germs then her pacis certainly could too. So it seemed like as good of a reason as any to give up the pacis. I explained it to Esmé and she was not particularly interested. I then explained that there is a paci fairy and that she will Coke and take your pacis and leave you a present. She thought about that for. Minute and said " I hope she brings me more pacis". Well that was not going very well. I explained that no the paci fairy was not brining new pacis. She then said " I want a golden necklace". Hmm I had sort of thought a new book and stuffed animal would suffice- but Esmé had another plan. So off I went in search of a golden necklace. I found on and had it wrapped up. Then came bedtime and Esmé was being allowed to go to sleep with her pacis one last time- knowing the paci fairy would come and get them. Well at bedtime she was very upset and asked that I call the paci fairy and tell her that Esmé would put her pacis on the front porch on the morning. 

She cried herself to sleep in anticipation of missing her pacis.
 In the morning Nell and I got the gift on to the front porch just as Esmé came down. She opened the door and very excited to see a gift. She threw her pacis on to the door mat.
 She loved her sun necklace. She was later heard saying she did not like her pacis anymore. 
As the day wore on she was pretty upset to not have her pacis and then bedtime came she really felt like she should not have given them up- that she needed them to sleep. Then she fell right to sleep and was sleeping paci free!  


No comments: