Well February is being its icky old self with rain and cold grey days. We have had to occasional sunny warmer days to tease us. We are so ready for more days outside!
We have had plenty going on.
Zaven has started back with lacrosse. Practices are Mon and Wed from 5:30 - 7. That translates to leaving home at 5 and getting back at 6:45. I stay just half the practice and then practice then Party comes and stays the second half and brings Zav home. It works out well but leaves me needing to have dinners that can be made ahead or that can be cooking while I am away. It is very cold at the practices but Nell and Esmé enjoy roaming around.
A few weeks ago the quick dinner I had was veggie burgers. Sadly I did not check the label and there were walnuts in them. One bite caused Nell's throat to feel spicy and like there was something stuck in it followed y her tummy hurting and me deciding to use the epi pen. From tere we ha to go to the emergency room and stay for 4 hours or observation. She was fine thank goodness and now we have used the epi pen. I think we will find a local allergist.
The kids also celebrated their 100 day of school. Zaven dressed up as a 100 year old and Nell did a project with 100 stitches. Just 80 days left!
Esmé and I have been doing a lot of walking in CW. Esmé really loves to see and pat the horses. She also just enjoys roaming around and getting dirty.
Last weekend there was the dioceses council and I went to the clergy spouse luncheon at the Williamsburg Inn that included a behind the scenes tour. I was able to get Isabel to pose on the "queen's staircase". We had a nice time.
Last night Zaven got to spend the night at the library at school as a reward for having read more than 5 books for his "battle of the books" competition. He has really gotten into reading a earned the most "AR" points in the 4th grade last quarter.! He had a good time at the sleepover and won an award for best imagination.
The kids have decided they want a Guinnea pig. I have set a high bar of two weeks of good behavior as a team to get to talk about getting one. We are not much closer, but they have visited some at the pet store.
I got a haircut last week. It feels good to have less hair.
Today we are rattling around the house after a trip to Barnes and Noble. Tonight Chris and I are going to a fund raiser.











No comments:
Post a Comment