9.06.2012

Who me?

So as a wife of 15 years and mother of three you might be surprised to learn that I often fail to feel like a grown up, or think of myself as one. But there are some moments and actions that make me feel very grown up.
I have had a few lately, which is what led me to write this post.
They are
Roasting a chicken.
Garnishing a platter with herbs.

Neither thing is particularly "big" and there are others but those are the recent ones.

I am not sure what about these things seem so grown up to me, perhaps they are things that I identify so closely with my mother. They are also things that I think, "my mom would love that I am doing this".

As the baby of the family I think I always was too young. So now I just assume I am too young to be a grown up. However, with my 37th birthday (I thought it was 38th,) coming up I am not sure how much longer there will only be certain moments when I feel like a grown up.

No comments: