2.02.2012

January

2012 is off to a good start. We recently had a visit from Milla and Poppy. We love that we are close enough to get frequent visits!
When Milla and Poppy were here we took the ferry to Jamestown and back, a guy shared some bread with Zaven and Nell and let them feed the seagulls. They loved it. Mom held Esmé out on the deck and she liked it too and fell asleep.On Sunday afternoon Nell decided she wanted to go to the beach. So Esmé, Zaven, Nell and I headed to Jamestown to a little park there that has some sand. I put Esmé down on a blanket and build sand castles with Nell and threw the football with Zaven. Esmé was very happy and soon found the sand and some things in it.
Here she is, very smiley.

Occasionally, very occasionally I can put Esmé down while she is sleeping, here she is napping on her playmat.
When Milla and Poppy were here the kids wanted to go to the Jamestown Living Museum, but we did not have time. So Monday, Zaven had early release from school so we headed down to visit then. They tell you it is a 90 minute guided tour. Ours lasted closer to 2 hours, but the kids loved it. They scraped hair off of a hide with a shell, sawed a log, went on a ship, the Godspeed and got to see the quarters of the passengers. Saw the homes of the Powhatans. Esmé had a good nap in the baby bjorn.
Jumping back to when Milla and Poppy were here we went to the Glasshouse in Jamestown. We all enjoyed watching them make the glass disks and stamp them. Chris has one from 1986, his first trip here. I have one from 2011, that Chris gave me for Christmas, and Zaven and Nell have 2012 ones that Poppy and Milla got them.
This is a cute pic of Esmé on her changing table. She is wearing the little booties that Carrie gave Zaven when he was a baby.
Esmé has started eating regular food. She seems to like everything she has tried. Today I finally got around to making her food fresh, rather than the organic jarred food. I roasted butternut squash and a sweet potato and then pureed them together. She loved that! I think I will try to better making her things here. I may also send this photo to GPS, considering she has her Bruiser bib on.
With all the warm weather we are loving being out and about in the Restoration. Here the children found a lady with chickens, they got to pet them. There were a few others in a closed basket and Zaven stuck his finger in and got pecked. The ladies explained that his fingers looked like worms.
With Esmé able to sit up she is able to play more. She is starting a band while I make dinner.
Well we all remember years ago when Nell fell and bumped her tooth and scraped all the skin off her nose, her front tooth was a little off color, but the dentist said it did not need to be pulled. Then it started hurting and it was determined it did need to be pulled. Nell was very brave. ALthough it seemed to hurt. She cried when they were giving her the novacaine which made me feel week in the knees, but she wanted me to hold her hand, so I did. But with my eyes averted. Then she said ow when they were actively pulling her tooth, and I glanced over, at that point I put Esmé down and had Zaven hold Nell's hand and I sat down. Before it was all over I had to lay on the ground. I do not like seeing my baby hurt. Anyway, the kids loved it and joked about having to drag me to the car and drive home themselves, luckily it did not come to that. Nell has been funny about her missing tooth. She says it's her "new look". She is still getting used to it.
I love this pic of Esmé all snuggled up.
The other day Nell wanted to go "for an adventure" so out in the the Restoration we went. She brought a basket to collect things and eventually we found our way to the stream.
We finally got a cribby for Esmé. It is a cute Jenny Lind style. Zaven, Nell and I put it together. They were really very helpful. Esmé is still learning to sleep in her crib. As I type she is there, but will surely wake and come be with us at some point in the night. Her crib is in Nell's room with Zaven just right there, her crying does not seem to wake them.
We had a visit from Lexie and Quinn! We loved having them here. Quinn is beyond cute and Lexie is the best mom and such a sweet friend to me and the kids. We had a big adventure while they were here. We were walking around enjoying the nice weather. We met a fellow, Dean, who told us about the pigeons, the ox and took us into the pasture to see some rams. Well while we were in there, the rams decided they wanted to "play" and them rammed into Nell and then came after Lexie with Quinn in the stroller. We had to really beat it out of there. I had Esmé in the stroller with the scooter on top, it fell off and Dean used it to fend off the rams while we got the gate open. it was pretty exciting, needless to say, we won't be going into the pastures anymore!
Sweet Quinn looking at the horses.
Everyone really loved each other. Nell and Zaven still talk about how cute their "cousin" is.
A few days after our anniversary, the kids got up early and decorated the den and threw us a party. They got all dressed up, had drinks and streamers. They were very sweet.

No comments: