12.06.2016

since Thanksgiving, hmm a lot! (5 year flash back)

I just found this Draft post from 5 years ago, I have decided to post it now


I can not believe I have not posted since Thanksgiving. We had a super busy December!
I just uploaded a bunch of photos and they are not exactly in order, but I am not going to change the order I am just going to go through and say what each is, hopefully they will be grouped about right.

Here is a photo from our wedding, Chris and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on New Year's Eve, it is pretty amazing to think we have been together that long. Chris said it well "we are off to a good start"
Chris was installed as the 35th Rector of Bruton Parish Church, it was a great event. We were so thrilled to have Grammy, Milla, Poppy, Julie Toland and Sharon in addition to Stuart Hoake, who came to preach, here to celebrate with us.
The 3rd grade at Matthew Whaley put on the Nutcracker, it was great fun. Zaven was a toy soldier and did a great job. Nell loved the performance and we went out to dinner at the Cracker Barrel after to celebrate.
Jumping around a little, this is a photo of the family at the installation.
One warm sunny day in December, Nell, Esmé and I walked up to Merchant Square, got lunch at the Cheese Shop and ate outside. As we were sitting there, Santa came to visit. We have had a lot of great weather and have been able to be outside a lot.
The weekend of Chris' Installation we threw a cocktail party for the members of the Search Committee and Vestry and their spouses, I think about 70 people. It was a great success, but I must say it would have been a very different party without all the wonderful help from Milla and Poppy, here Nell is passing by as Milla works on flowers for the table.
I believe that this is a photo of me and Chris headed to the Colonial Williamsburg Christmas party. It was at the Lodge and Poppy was kind enough to be our driver for the night, which was great because the valet was a mess and it was raining. We had a nice time and saw a lot of people we knew.
Earlier that same day we all met at the Christmas tree lot, chose a tree, bought a new tree stand and headed home. Zaven chose the tree and it turned out to be just the right height. Esmé was asleep and waited in the car.
Before all of the above, Milla and Grammy came to Williamsburg to stay with the kids while Chris and I went to Mexico to celebrate Chris Ferguson's 40th birthday. Here is a photo of them the day we got home, it is a little foggy, which I think is an accurate depiction of their state after 4 days, 3 nights with this crew.
Here we are in Mexico on the beach with a full moon. We had an amazing time. It was a beautiful place. We were there with a really fun group of people and the weather was perfect.
While we were in Mexico, I went in to Playa del Carmen with two girls and we went to a few shops. I bought the winged heart at the top of the tree for Chris for our anniversary. It is now over the fireplace in our den.
A cute pic of our hosts Meg and Chris.
The view from our room!
This is a cute pic of Nell in her Christmas swing top. We are walking to get Zaven from school on a warm December day.
I was persuaded to get the kids an Elf on the Shelf. Here he is in one of his hiding places. We named him R.W Rollo. (R. W. stands for red and white). We did not find that the Elf had any behavioral benefits. But we had fun with the little guy.
Christmas was great. We loved having Grammy, Ella, Milla and Poppy here to celebrate. This photo shows the whole group.
Nell and Grammy and Strawberry Shortcake.
Milla and Esmé. Milla got in on the matching pajama act and had a coordinating Christmas morning outfit, so fun!










No comments: