Well I let spring picture day sneak up on me. So I had to deal with the big "what to wear" question in the morning.
Nell and Zav were sleeping in a little and I decided I would grab some clothes and get them ironed. Nell woke up as I was getting her things and happily came in while I ironed. I showed he what I had chosen and she said fine! I was so happy. Zav rarely, if ever, complains about his clothes. So I thought I was on the path the success.
I am not sure what happened but all the sudden Nell was talking about skirts and sweaters and leggings and not wanting to be too hot and wearing something no had seen before, she had the worst clothes in the class, everyone was going to wear something so perfect and everything she had was dumb...
Oh no! What went wrong. I stayed calm I tried to talk her through the merits of the outfit I had chosen, other options, not worrying about other people etc.
It did not work. We could settle on a top but not a bottom. The day before her favorite jeans were the ones with the hole on the knee today she could not possibly wear jeans with a rip. I was at a loss. Round and round we went.
Finally I gave her three outfit choices, told her the merits of each and told her I did not want to talk about it anymore. She made her choice. I did her hair and left for work.
When I got to school to pic her up her sweater was on backwards. So, that either means she wore it backwards all day and the cute little bow detail at the neckline will not be seen in the photo or she had it right and at some point in the day she took off her sweater and had on only her camisole, having gotten too hot. Only time will tell.
That Nell!
Oh,
yes Zaven woke up and out on his shirt and button down- the pink one. Though he tells me they had him do odd poses so he thinks his photos will not turn out well.
Esmé did not have photos but when her school did photos I asked her how it went and she said "I didn't wycick, everybody wooking and me". She continues to say that about all sorta of things. It cracks me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment