Although I see in the photos that we had some good times.
Well I packed up the Prius and the three kids and we headed to Tennessee for a visit.
The trip down took 14 hours, that counted us leaving, getting to Richmond and turning around to come home to bring Chris his keys that I had in my bag. We dropped by the church, fed Esmé and then hit the road again. That made for a long day, but Zaven and Nell were great. They took turns taking care of Esmé, who slept mostly.
It was worth the long trip to get to TN and see family.
Tips was there. She is 97 now and the kids loved seeing her. They would pop over to her house and spend some time and then climb up in the balcony and then come back to moms.


One day Esmé and I headed to Atlanta to check up on the loft. It was time well spent, as it turned out that somethings were not as they were supposed to be. I also got to have lunch with Scott and Kelly, we spent about 3 hours together, it was really fun seeing them, Esmé slept the whole time. Then I ran to Lenox and got some lip gloss, then went to Star Provisions and got Hot Curry. I was deeply tempted by Taqueria Del Sol, but headed back to the Mountain instead.
While I was doing all of that Zaven and Nell were treated to a visit with Ella and Grammy. Ella took them to the Discovery Museum and then they all went to the 3d showing of Cars 2.After spending the night in Cleveland they got to swim with Grammy. Then Esme and I came and visited and had dinner and then headed back to Lookout.
Saturday Poppy took Zaven and Nell to Rock City and then Milla and I decided to take Bea and Esmé, while Esmé failed to appreciate it, Bea was very cute walking through saying "that's pretty, that's pretty"

Then Poppy and Zaven and Nell came back and went to the bird show. Sunday we were glad for Brice and Christie back for a visit and swim.


We also went to the Farmer's Market and I ended up having Zaven and Nell's portraits done by a guy there. The jury is out on how they turned out. Here are some in progress photos


Monday we went to the Aquarium and 3d movie with Milla,


Later Zaven and I went to Point Park

Then Tuesday it was time to hit the road.
We got on the road about 7:30, right after a stop at Neidlovs for ginger scones and cinnamon rolls to help us down the road. The trip home seemed quick at just 10.5 hours. We only stopped 3 times and had relatively good humor.
We were glad to get home and see Chris and we were also thrilled to learn that Zaven's last swim meet was rescheduled to Wednesday so he was able to participate.

Isabel came to watch Zaven swim, which was a great treat.
Thursday Zaven had three brothers over for a playdate, their mom stayed and we chatted.
Then a new friend brought us a delicious dinner.
The meal included Birdseye brand SteamFresh Peas, they were great. You should try them.
Friday was super hot and we went to the pool with Chris, the kids love showing Chris all their new tricks when he is there.
Friday night we have taken to going to Plaza Azteca and then on to Sweet Frog. It is becoming a habit for sure.
This week Zaven and Nell have Vacation Bible School, and seem to be loving it. Esmé and I are having a good time together.
In the mornings Zaven and Nell love to come into our bed and spend time with Esmé, here are some pics of the proud siblings.

No comments:
Post a Comment